Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) course got very long history and this course is the first professional accounting course in Sri Lanka and this course started in the year of 1973 as National Diploma in Accountancy. In the year of 1946 the name of the programme was changed as Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA). There are huge demand for this Accountancy diploma in job market .Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA)is considered as alternative for B.Com Degree offered in Sri Lankan government university and this course equaled by the Public Administration Circular No.46/90 of 1990.Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) is one of the leading Accountancy Diploma conducted in Sri Lanka. Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) course is conducted by Sri Lanka Institute of Advanced Technological Education (SLIATE) and SLIATE is governed by Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka.There are so many job opportunities available for those who successfully completed this diploma programmes and there are so many higher educational opportunities are also available for HNDA Pass out students.Those who successfully completed HNDA can start the carrier as registers auditors in private organizations and there are lots of job oppertunites available for those who completed this diploma in accountancy field of Sri Lanka as well as abord.
HNDA Course Structure:
Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) is conducted on full time and part time basis and this programme is studied under semester basis.
Full Time (The first and second year’s lectures are conducted as full time during weekdays, whilst the third and fourth year lectures conducted during the weekends).
Part Time (Part time program will be conducted during the weekends).
HNDA Entry Qualifications:
Full Time Course
- Passes for all four subjects in one sitting at the GCE (A/L) Examination (Old syllabus) of which at least two should be credit passes obtained at the one sitting with Pure Mathematics or Accountancy as one of the subjects for which a credit pass should have been obtained A credit pass in Mathematics at the GCE (O/L) is considered as an alternative for a credit pass in either Pure Mathematics or Accountancy at the GCE (A/L) Examination. OR
- Passes for all three subjects in one sitting at the GCE (A/L) Examination (New syllabus) with Combined Mathematics or Accountancy as one of the three subjects of which at least, two Credit passes should have been obtained.
- A credit pass in Mathematics at the GCE (O/L) is considered as an alternative for a credit pass in either Combined Mathematics or Accountancy at the GCE (A/L) Examination. OR
- Holders of National Certificate for Accounting Technicians conducted by the Department of Technical Education & Training. AND
- An ordinary pass in English at the G.C.E. (O/L) Examination.
Part Time Course
- Passes for all four subjects (Old syllabus) / three subjects (new syllabus) in one sitting at the GCE (A/L) Examination OR
- Successfully completion of National Certificate in Accounting Technician, conducted by the Department of Technical Education & Training OR
- Successfully completion of National Certificate in Business Studies (Accountancy Group) conducted by the Department of Technical Education & Training. Successfully completion of National Certificate in Accounting conducted by the Department of Technical Education & Training.AND
- Practical Experience: – Applicant should be employed in the relevant field in a Government institution / public enterprises or a recognized firm
Those who are got following qualifications are elegible to exempth from first year of HNDA and directly admitted in the second year.
National Diploma in Business Studies / Business Finance
Higher National Diploma in Commerce / Management/, Business Finance /Business Administration
B. Sc. (Accountancy /Business Administration/ Business Finance) or B.Com
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (ICASL) – CAB I and CAB II
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants(CIMA) – UK -Part I and Part II
Association of Accounting Technicians – (AAT) – Stage III
Other Benefits of Following SLIATE HNDA
- Mahapola Scholarships
- Lanugae cum IT laboratories with multimedia facilities and workshop facilities etc.
- Library , internet and sports facilities
- Bus/Train concessionary Season
- Course recongnized by the professional institutes.
HNDA Course Conducted At
Name of the ATI/ATI section
Full Time/Part Time
|01||Hardy Advanced Technological Institute, Ampara||Inginiyagala Rd., Ampara||Full Time||063-2222056
|02||Advanced Technological Section
|No. 35/388, Harishchandra Mw, Anuradhapura||Full Time||025-2234417|
|03||Advanced Technological Institute, Badulla||Greenland Drive, Badulla||Full Time||055-2230818
|04||Advanced Technological Section
|Main Street, Kovil Kulam, Arayampathi, Batticaloa||Part Time||0652247519|
|05||Advanced Technological Institute, Dehiwala.||Waidya Road, Dehiwala||Full Time||0112738349
|06||Advanced Technological Institute, Jaffna.||No. 665/5, Beach Road, Guru Nagar, Jaffna||Full Time||021-2222595|
|07||Advanced Technological Institute, Kandy.||No. 16, Keppetipola Mw,Kandy||Full Time||0812226644|
|08||Advanced Technological Institute, Kegalle.||Bandaranayake Mw, Kegalle||Full Time||035-2221297|
|09||Advanced Technological Institute, Kurunagala.||22/1, Wilgoda Road, Kurunagala||Full Time||037-2224911
|10||Advanced Technological Institute, Galle.||Siridamma Mw, Labuduwa, Akmeemana.||Full Time||091-2246179|
|11||Advanced Technological Institute, Gampaha.||Naiwala, Essalla, Veyangoda||Full Time||033-2292544|
|12||Advanced Technological Section
|New Town , Rathnapura||Full Time||045-2230780|
|13||Advanced Technological Section
|Main Street, Samanthurai||Full Time||067-2261304|
|14||Advanced Technological Section
|Yayawatta, Netolpitiya, Tangalle||Full Time||–|
|15||Advanced Technological Section
|Inner Harbour Rd, Trincomalle||Full Time||026-2223232|
Source : www.sliate.ac.lk