There are several types of pilot licences in aviation industry and Commercial Pilot Licence is one of the main type of pilot aviation courses in sri lanka. After completion of this program there is test carry out the commercial pilot license test with Civil Aviation Authority approved examiner. After the successful completion this aviation courses in sri lanka and by complete the exams candidate will be authorized to act as Pilot-In-Command (PIC) of an aircraft in an airline or with another commercial operator.
Entrance Requirement to get Commercial Pilot Licence :
- Applicant Need to get pass G.C.E Ordinary Level exam with 6 passes including credit pass for Mathematics, Science and English.
- There is a medical examination which should pass by approved by the civil aviation authority.
- Age not less than 18 years
- Should pass ATPL Theory examinations
There are very few institute which conduct aviation related education in Sri Lanka and following are the three institutes which conduct Commercial Pilot Licence Course.
1. Commercial Pilot Licence with Instrument Rating Integrated at Asian Aviation Center
Asian Aviation Center (AAC) is leading institute which conduct Aviation Courses in Sri Lanka. Commercial Pilot Licence is one of the most famous program of this institute.
Duration of the Program : 12-14 Months
Number of Flying Hours : Minimum 180 hrs
Asian Aviation Center (AAC)
No 14 ,
Trelawney Place ,
Tel: +94 11 4 979779, +94 77 3102010
2. Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) at Skyline Aviation
Skyline Aviation is also famous private education institute which famous for their aviation based programs. Following are the course details of commercial pilot license which conduct under this institute.
Duration of the Program : 12 Months
Number of Flying Hours : All necessary ground instructions and approximately 150 flying hours can be completed within 12 months
New Airport Road ,
Tel: +94 11 4 210300, +94 11 4 2635600
3. Commercial Pilot License (CPL) at Fairway Aviation Academy
Fairway Aviation is one of the new institute which conduct aviation based programs in Sri Lanka. Apart of Commercial pilot license they also conduct several aviation based courses in Sri Lanka.
Duration of Program : 12 Months
New Airport Road ,
Tel: +94 11 7 586 586, +94 77 4445830
Web : http://www.faa.lk